Music Talk Board
Comedians - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Forum (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: Comedians (/thread-227.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Comedians - ln cognition - 02-23-2014

So, what are you guys' opinion on Stewart and/or Colbert. Does my use of them as the only source of insight into the US political landscape lead to bias? Did I incidentally error when I didn't use a question-mark to end the first sentence? Was this a meaningless edit? Should I have inflected the present tense of "be" differently in the first sentence?

Who knows...

RE: Comedians - JCizzle - 02-24-2014

I've heard that the Colbert Report could be taken more seriously than any of the actual news stations in the States.

RE: Comedians - there - 02-25-2014

As far as standup goes-

Kevin Bridges is hilarious (from Glasgow, Scotland. Bus Stop thing was one good thing by him, or the thing about spring break)

Chris Rock (only seen Bigger and Blacker but was hilarious in parts and talked a lot of sense for a lot of it)

Hari Kondabolu (Indian-American dude from Queens, NY. Not a typical boring as a biscuit (why do people even say "boring as fuck) ethnic minority comedian who just walks on stage and goes "I'm a Jew!" (like Ari Shaffir) or "I'm Iranian!" (like Shappi Khorsandi) people like that can fuck right off and be a shitty novelty somewhere away from me. Does make jokes about that sort of stuff but actual clever ones)

Pablo Francisco (Chilean American dude mainly jokes about nightclubs and random crubbish like that. Look up his thing on bouncers)

Imran Yusuf (Kenyan South Asian dude from Hackney, London quite decent)

John Bishop (dude from Runcorn, England)

John Leguizamo (Colombian/some other things American dude from Queens, NY not that funny but partly relateable)

Freddie Prinz (dead dude from the 70s think he was Puerto Rican/German American)

Eddie Murphy is quite good.

Dave Chapelle, Russell Peters, John Richardson (dude from Lancashire, England) and Rhod Gilbert (British dude) are alright like.

Mostly for now I tend to watch Latin American-American and African American ones from the US or British ones from Northern England with a few exceptions.
Maybe I'd like George Carlin but he doesn't seem that much actually funny.

RE: Comedians - debbie - 02-25-2014

(02-23-2014, 10:38 PM)ln cognition Wrote: So, what are you guys' opinion on Stewart and/or Colbert. Does my use of them as the only source of insight into the US political landscape lead to bias? Did I incidentally error when I didn't use a question-mark to end the first sentence? Was this a meaningless edit? Should I have inflected the present tense of "be" differently in the first sentence?

Who knows...

I like both of them, but I think my favourite is Colbert. I used to watch their shows when I was still living at home.

RE: Comedians - Wahnsinn - 03-01-2014

No one mentioned Jerry Seinfeld? Wow...

Yeah, I think Seinfeld is very good and funny.

I also like some of the ones mentioned, like Dave Chapelle or Eddie Murphy. I do like Tosh aswell.

Haven't seen Donald Glover's standup yet, but he's great in Community and he seems like he'd be a good comedian.

RE: Comedians - Fantasyfanman - 03-01-2014

My favorite comedian is probably Jim Gaffigan. The guy is halarious.

For those of you who don't know his "catch" is that he will randomly change his speaking perspective to someone in the adiance.

RE: Comedians - Crashbreaka - 03-05-2014

Anyone said Jimeoin yet? Even his face is funny.

RE: Comedians - 45rpm - 04-11-2022

George Carlin, Andrew Dice Clay, and Rodney Dangerfield were good. However, that's just my own comedy I like. I also like the actor Danny McBride, but he doesn't do standup.