Music Talk Board
People Set in Their Ways about Music - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Music Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Music Talk (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: People Set in Their Ways about Music (/thread-654.html)

People Set in Their Ways about Music - 45rpm - 11-10-2017

When my cousin, a rocker from the 70s, listened to Smashing Pumpkins, he didn't like it. It disappointed my brother-in-law, who like me, finds the band massively interesting.  Anyway, why do you think some are so narrow-minded?  But I admit, I am guilty of it sometimes.

RE: People Set in Their Ways about Music - Grungie - 11-10-2017

It's possible that they just don't care that much about music, so they just sit in their comfort zone. As long as they're not an ass about it, it shouldn't matter

RE: People Set in Their Ways about Music - elseb - 06-24-2022

I generally find younger people get more defensive about genres they like and don't like. As people age, they generally become more open to trying new music.

RE: People Set in Their Ways about Music - Grungie - 06-24-2022

(06-24-2022, 12:14 AM)elseb Wrote: I generally find younger people get more defensive about genres they like and don't like. As people age, they generally become more open to trying new music.

I think a lot of stuff too personally at that age. It’s part of their identity, so they feel like you just dissed them.

RE: People Set in Their Ways about Music - elseb - 07-01-2022

(06-24-2022, 12:29 AM)Grungie Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 12:14 AM)elseb Wrote: I generally find younger people get more defensive about genres they like and don't like. As people age, they generally become more open to trying new music.

I think a lot of stuff too personally at that age. It’s part of their identity, so they feel like you just dissed them.

I think I did the same! There were certain genres I would constantly berate and not go anywhere near. Its silly but it's just apart of growing up I guess.

RE: People Set in Their Ways about Music - Grungie - 07-02-2022

(07-01-2022, 02:45 PM)elseb Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 12:29 AM)Grungie Wrote:

I think I did the same! There were certain genres I would constantly berate and not go anywhere near. Its silly but it's just apart of growing up I guess.
I was pretty guilty of it too at that age.

RE: People Set in Their Ways about Music - 45rpm - 07-18-2022

Well, "a comfort zone" is the word for such people, lol. I mean, at least it seems like people would want to listen to "lesser known classic rock" but the stations they listen to - just play the same old thing, of course.