Music Talk Board
Childhood Memories Thread - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Childhood Memories Thread (/thread-355.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Childhood Memories Thread - Grungie - 01-20-2014

Let's talk about stuff that you remember from your childhood:

[Image: Donkey-Kong-Rambi.gif]

[Image: micro-machines.jpg]

I had this exact color as well:
[Image: Picture441.jpg]

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - wwf - 01-20-2014

#hashtag90skid

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - WCPhils - 01-20-2014

nostalgia is gay, bro

but for real....

[Image: SSBN64-Character.jpg]

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - Grungie - 01-20-2014

Nice, I spend a bazillion hours on SSB with my brother and sister.

I remember we introduced our cousin to the game, and he got his ass kicked by my sister, and that prompted him to buy the game, but he still loses to her. One day he even brought over a controller with "turbo power" and still lost.

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - WCPhils - 01-20-2014

I spent way more time with Melee than the original but still loved that one

I don't even want to know how much I played Melee with my two brothers. It's easily in the hundreds of hours

Same with Brawl really too, though we added our cousin to the mix when that came out. Fuck yea, four people!!

Can't wait for the new one. :p:

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - Grungie - 01-20-2014

I put a ton of time in Melee as well, but I think we spent more time on the original, we had that one summer vacation where that was pretty much the only game we played.

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - Jerlene - 01-24-2014

I remember pretending shopping carts were cars, eating lots and lots of saimin, and hanging out in the bushes. lol

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - Danjo - 01-24-2014

I beat that Donkey Kong game as a kid. Only because I spent several hours getting extra lives until I had like a a thousand. I never played the N64 SSB until last week, but I love the series.

I was really into hot wheels as a kid, but mostly I just had a bunch of old toy cars that my parents had somehow. I don't think I actually bought any ever. I was also hugely into pokemon, and I had a shit-ton of cards. I think someone must have given me like all of those though, because I only ever bought like 4 shitty booster packs.

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - WCPhils - 01-24-2014

Oh man, I had so many toy cars as a kid. My dad is a mechanic and loves cars so he was always getting me and brothers different car stuff. I really liked Pokemon cards too, but never had a lot of them. I never had money for them and my parents didn't like buying them. I mean, they were kind of a waste of money :p

I think I got a couple packs for Christmas in like 2nd grade and got a handful of other at different points and that was a about it. I knew kids with like 500+ cards though. It was ridiculous :haha:

RE: Childhood Memories Thread - Grungie - 01-24-2014

As someone who collected Yugioh cards, it's not that hard to get a couple hundred cards (I still have mine). If you bought two or three starter sets, that's already about 150 cards.