Music Talk Board
Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion (/thread-346.html)

Pages: 1 2

Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - Grungie - 12-31-2013

So I think we should brainstorm ways to increase activity here, as we're really making a slow crawl. As I see yall niggas lurking a lot, but nobody seems to be posting, should we just make new threads, or do we need new members?

With regards to the new threads, I came to the conclusion seeing how yall mention how you lurk but don't post, so I think we probably need new topics to generate discussion.

With regards to the second topic with increasing members, is largely finding new members, and so far I haven't had much luck, and I don't feel like resorting to post exchanges. For those who don't know what post exchanges are, it's when you go to a promotion forum and you make a thread asking for people to make a certain number of posts on your forum, in exchange for you making the same number on theirs.

Post exchanges are really a double edged sword, it's helpful as it generates activity on your forum, by making posts on your forum, and sometimes create threads which will also bring in discussion. The negativity of it, is that most of these users are temporary, and will just make their promised 5 or 10 posts, and never come back.

In regards to this, a lot of these people not only don't care about post quality with basically just spamming, but they also create inflammatory posts because they're never coming back, or create threads for "suggestions" to improve your forum, but really just bitch about really trivial or just trash talk your forum, and also never come back. This paragraph is really why I'm against it, as it happened on Old MTB before I started stealing people from UG. Constructive criticism or GTFO.

The problem with getting new members, is that I'm the only one going on hunts, as everyone else really only hangs out on one forum, so that definitely limits the amount of people we can recruit. It also doesn't help with responses about not being fond of strangers joining, as you're happy with the community we have. Which I do find a bit counter-intuitive if some of you are shied against having strangers join us to keep our humbleness of the community, but aren't necessarily helping much in generating activity here.

So now for the meat and bones for this whole post, and thread in general: I feel that a way to generate activity more activity is to bring about some changes. What changes? I'm not really sure, and we can brainstorm about that. We probably just need to make more threads, as we haven't really made very many topics in awhile, so that'll hopefully generate buzz.

Also I want people to possibly volunteer to do some searching around to find new friends outside of UG, as stealing all of our userbase from UG is also probably our biggest fault, as people will quickly lose interest and go back to UG because "hey, I can still talk to these same people there".

Idk what do y'all niggas think?

RE: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - JCizzle - 12-31-2013

I agree that MTB has lost its traffic Sad

I think us "regulars" aren't posting enough, honestly.

I have a link to MTB as my webpage on my Soundcloud Confusedhrug:

On one of my Facebooks I have everybody from college and they're in music, but I'm not *entirely* sure I want peeps I know in real life here, lol. And most of them are French speakers anyway.

RE: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - Grungie - 12-31-2013

Well I'm not suggesting IRL people, I'm suggesting looking for other online communities who are interested in posting here. I'm suggesting online communities, is because there's a higher chance of those people posting on forums, as they're already accustomed to posting online. IRL people, that's up in the air.

RE: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - JCizzle - 12-31-2013

That makes sense. I don't visit any other forum aside from the occasional Catholic forum where I discuss philosophy and theology.

RE: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - WCPhils - 12-31-2013

I blame me

for real, I should be posting more

Dammnit Phils

RE: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - wwf - 12-31-2013

Fucking Christ Phils

RE: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - WCPhils - 12-31-2013

sorry, I'll stop posting Sad

(12-31-2013, 11:27 PM)WCPhils Wrote: sorry, I'll start posting Sad

ftfy

RE: Operation Stop MTB's Death Discussion - JCizzle - 01-01-2014

lelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelellelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelpotatolelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelele